Sunday, December 2, 2012

my not-so-christmasy christmas wreath

I finally got a chance to put my Christmas wreath together. I used to make wreaths for every type of occasion or season but the time flies by so fast I can barely keep up. It also doesn't help that I only had one wreath to use to change up every time! I figured that Christmas time is not a time to skip making a wreath.

This was my Christmas wreath last year.


Pretty simple. I like peacocks. They're so beautiful. Especially love their peacocky colors.

For my wreath this year, I used the same grapevine wreath, peacock, white poinsettia, and Christmas picks plus added a white feathered boa and a few new picks.


I didn't really know how I wanted the wreath to look like, so I just put the boa on and randomly stuck everything on.

There was glitter and feathers everywhere! But that's ok because I love the way the wreath turned out!


It looks like a whimsical wintry wonderland.....that will never happen in Texas! Today's high temperature was almost 80 degrees!


Do you put up a wreath for Christmas? or make ones for certain occasions? 

Linked up with:
Craft-o-Matic
Darnice's Holiday Blog
Happy Hour Projects
Hi Sugarplum!
Homemaker on a Dime
The Ivy Cottage Blog
Keeping it Simple
Lil' Luna
Savvy Southern Style
Sugar Bee Crafts
Thrifty Decor Chick

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the white boa on that wreath! Ugh, i wish i could make one this year, but my Mom's putting up a parol on her door. Sad, not my house! And OMG it was way too hot this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and yeah, way too hot for December! I was sweating when I was trying to bend all of the picks once the wreath was on my door. I was contemplating making a parol but I had to get one more use out of my peacock!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty. Thank you for joining my Link Party. Will you please add a link to your wreath post to my Link Party: danicesholidayblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...